torsdag 15. oktober 2009

First seasons tournement

This sunday, it called for the first tournement of the season, it was Battle Road in Oslo.

The night before i had been thinking of what decks will be played, a made a deck which counters the main threats of the metagame and feel confident with it. I come early to Oslo, Sune is late, registration is late but w finally start.

R1 Vs. Oscar w/ Luxray LM
Oscar starts with a Shinx against my lone Chatot. He attaches a energy, get another one from attack. I only have poop in my hand, refresh my hand with Chatots attack. Oscars turn, he rare candy's to Luxray, attaches energy and boom, 100 damage to my lone Chatot.

0-1

I was bummed after loosing my first round in less than 2 minutes. Sune won against his opponent who played a Gyarados deck.

R2 Vs. Cant remember name w/ Blaziken SV and PL
I get a quick Gardevoir up and start power locking him. He has a Blaziken SP Lv.X up, and he soons gets a Blaziken PL on his becnh, but it is useless because I am powerlocking him all the time. I go through all of his Blaziken with a steady 60 damage per turn and a nasty power lock.

1-1

Sune's opponent was the player who came 2nd that day, he was playing a Gengar deck and won against Sune.

R3 Vs. Sune /Beedrill
This game was so much fun, its great to play against my best friend :D
I got a quick Gardevoir up and kept him from using Cosmic Power, without powers, Sune wasn't able to get his Beedrill's up quick enough. Sune does never get up more than 2 Beedrill at a time in this game, and i win by prize.

2-1

Me and Sune go for a kebab in the lunch break, really spicy!

R4 Vs. Khanh w/Flygon and Weavile
Khanh starts with a Absol SW discarding my Rare candy. I still get a quick Gardevoir up and start locking his powers. He gets up a quick Flygon, but cant do much damage with it. I quickly get ahead of him in prize, but he gets up a Weavile to power up his only Flygon. I knew the key to this game was to not play any Lv.X or any stadiums, so i just played it cool, trying to have control in the game by locking his powers, so i kept on doing that untill i had one prize left, switch in my Gallade and flip a prize for 80 damage against his Weavile.

3-1

I was so happy over winning against Khanh, mostly because he was being a smartass when i called a judge when he done a play that was not allowed and when his cousin came talking to him in the middle of the game. Sune lost his last game of the game, 2 of his Beedrill's were prized and we dont have a Azelf, so if you are reading this, please send it to us :D


Going 3-1 in my first tournemant feels good, only loosing to a donk. I think i could have beaten his Luxray deck had i have got a better start. In all the games i played, my opponents didnt take more than 1 prize, and in 3 of those games, it was a prize i gave them when sacrifing my Chatot. Overall it was a good day, i endt up in 5th place, but i dont feel to bad about it since it was only top2.

1 kommentar:

  1. Gardy, interesting choice! Seems like you made the perfect choice for this metagame, though, since literally everyone was playing Stage 2 decks.

    If you don't have Azelf, just don't make a Beedrill deck. :P When you own no Azelf, Beedrill is one of the very few (maybe even the ONLY) deck you just can't make.

    SvarSlett

Please leave a comment :)